What can I do for you?
If you are an ambitious business person trying to get the best out of yourself and your team I will help you find the space to think clearly and enable you to:
- Identify what is holding you back right now
- Regain your sense of direction and refocus on what’s most important
- Plan your immediate next steps so you can get things moving again
- Broaden your perspective
- Identify individual talents on your team and harness them more effectively so everyone plays to their strengths
- Get better at relating to others and influencing them
- Build confidence and successfully motivate yourself and others to take action
- Increase resourcefulness and improve ability to developing fresh ideas and strategies
- Improve effectiveness and boost performance
- Acquire greater self-awareness and self-knowledge – you not only overcome your current challenges but are better equipped to overcome whatever tomorrow brings.
How does coaching differ from mentoring?
Or consulting, counselling, therapy and training for that matter? Coaching is primarily present and future focussed. Here are some key differences:
- A mentor is usually more experienced and qualified than the client; often a senior person in the organisation who can pass on advice and can open doors to otherwise out-of-reach opportunities.
- A mentor will share ideas and provide advice based on what they have done.
- Can be more informal and meetings can take place as and when the client needs advice, guidance or support.
- Coaching is a more equal relationship and generally not determined by the level of experience the coach has of the client’s formal occupational role –rather this professional distance can help to provide a thinking partnership with a different level of challenge and support.
- Will help you to identify your own solutions.
- Generally more structured in nature and meetings are scheduled regularly.